How To Make Small Eyes Bigger
Eyes that are bigger usually appear to make you look younger and awake. All eye shapes are beautiful, but somehow and today especially with the focus being on eye makeup – small eyes want to be bigger. And this can be done so well by creating an illusion using clever easy makeup.
Before heading into the thick of it all I want credit this website it has everything and anything to do with makeup, beauty and hair if you have a moment check it out.
Here are some tips on how to make small eyes bigger:
Brows – it is all in the eyebrows
The brows make all the difference. If necessary and you can afford it take a trip to the salon at frequent intervals, and keep the brows in good shape. Follow the natural shape of your eyes.
For those who want to keep their brows bold, bear in mind that you have to maximize the space you have so that it creates an illusion of bigger looking eyes. Bold, thick, and beautiful brows bring attention to the eyes. The difference between natural brows and over-tweezed arches is that the natural makes one look more innocent, while the latter makes you appear older.
To get even fuller brows you can brush them with mascara. Or you can use brow products from our store – yes the brow trio from Miyo makeup is really fabulous. We also have the brow liner from Pierre Rene which is my favorite it comes with a pencil and a brush on the one end which is super easy for me to use.
Pro Tip: To get those full and expressive brows, brush them up with clear brow mascara.
How to make small eyes bigger – Get rid of puffiness
This is hard because as one gets older our eyes seems to get more puffy right?
The key to gorgeous eyes is by pampering them every day. The swollen skin around the eyes can make them look tiny. Here is how you can reduce puffiness around the eyes.
- Get enough sleep
- Use a good eye cream – never too early to start with this
- Wash your face with cold water often
- Place used cold teabags over the eyes as the tannins present in tea tighten the skin – never tried this but I believe it works
- Reduce salt intake
Use a light colored eyeshadow
Use neutral and light eyeshadows is another way to make smaller eyes bigger. Follow the rule of contouring. Light colors for the areas that you want the light to reflect and darker shades for the areas you want to push back. If you use light colors at the center of the eyelids this brings them automatically forward. Pick up some product on a brush, tap the excess off and gently apply at the center of the eyelids. The shadow can be shimmery or of matte finish; it doesn’t matter as long as it is light in color.
How to make small eyes bigger – The Nude Effect
Most people think that the way to achieving big eyes is by loading up on black kohl pencils or kajal pencils. However, this is entirely the opposite. The dark black kajal pencil actually makes the eyes appear smaller and boxed in. Considering the Indian skin-tone, a white eye pencil may not be the most flattering one to use. The trick here is to go nude on your lower lash line.
How to make small eyes bigger – Contour The Crease
Contouring the crease helps in creating the illusion of deeper set eyes, which in turn, makes small eyes bigger. Use a matte brown shade from the outer corner to the crease and blend well. When you’re going for an intense makeup look, you can contour slightly above your actual crease.
Shimmer In The Inner Corner
Use a highlighter or a shimmery light eyeshadow in the inner corner to make small eyes bigger. This adds a little something extra to your makeup look, and also helps you look awake. You can choose two ways of applying this.
- You can blend it out and give it a very sheen look. This makes you look fresh in a very natural way.
- Perhaps you’re looking for something more. Then, in that case, don’t blend it out. Doing this makes your eyes sparkle and is an easy way to compensate when you haven’t done much eye makeup.
How To Make Small Eyes Bigger (more tips)
- Try and avoid dark colors like blacks and grays.
- You can use soft browns for the crease not too much.
- Don’t overload on the eyeliner. This only makes the eyes look smaller.
- Full lashes help to open up the eyes more so use the mascara.
- You can also choose to apply false lashes.
- Use eye masks and gently massage the areas around the eyes to get rid of the puffiness and water retention.
- If you have red eyes or if they are irritated, use eye drops. The redness can actually make them look smaller, and it isn’t healthy to leave them looking so red!
- The MIYO 5 points palettes are perfect as they have all the shades you need from gorgeous mattes (for the crease) to shimmers (for the inner eyes)
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make small eyes bigger (and brighter). I certainly know for a fact that this works. Do you have any tips that you can share with us? Please leave a comment and let us know.
Have the best week.