Your makeup is not lasting the whole day? We have answers for you.
OMG!! It is 10 am and I look in the mirror and legit there is a fine sheen of sweat/ oil on my skin causing my face to look shiny – and my makeup is sliding off!!!!
Does this sound familiar? Can you relate? And – here are 8 reasons why your makeup is not lasting the whole day.
1) You keep touching your face. The warmth of your hands, combined with constant touching, breaks down your makeup. Not only that but it also spreads germs and can worsen acne, so rule number one – NO touching!
2) You’re not blotting. When you see some shine (caused by excess sebum) just blot it gently off your skin (you can use a tissue). Don’t add more makeup onto makeup – first remove the shine.
3) You are using too many products. If you’re applying moisturizer and foundation within 5 minutes in the morning, your makeup is going to slip right off. If you do apply moisturizer in the morning you need to give it time to sink in, before you apply your makeup.
4) You’re using the wrong foundation. If a foundation breaks down on my skin by mid-afternoon I know it’s not the right one for me. If you have oily skin, try a foundation which is mattifying. If you have dry skin stay away from foundations that are mattifying and use a primer for dry skin.
5) You are not using a primer. I use a primer every single day because I know it will help my foundation last longer. If you don’t use one and have problems with your makeup lasting, I highly recommend investing. And a little goes a long way – you only need to apply it on those parts of your face that need it such as the oily T panel.
6) You’re not using a setting spray. Setting sprays might seem a bit gimmicky but like primers, I swear they actually work. It’s not necessarily a step I would do every day, but if I know my makeup is going to be put to the test I always finish my makeup routine with a few sprays. The best fixer spray would be from Hean which is like hair spray but for your face.
7) You are not using a setting powder. There’s no two ways about it, if you want your foundation to last, you have to set it with a powder. Any liquid makeup has to be set, or it will just wear off.
8) You’re touching up with a powder brush. Big NO right here. Blot off excess oil first, then touch up with a sponge. The patting motion won’t lift your foundation like a brush and you can just add a little more.
Here are the products from us that we use constantly on a daily basis:
Does your makeup last the whole day? Let me know how you do it – If you have any other reasons why your makeup is not lasting the whole day- leave a comment okay?
Have the best day.
2 thoughts on “8 Reasons why My Makeup Is Not Lasting The Whole Day?”
Thanks for share this article it is quite helpful to me.
Impressive! Thanks for the post.